What is the appropriate forum?

How many of you use forums for real time conversations. I have found
this proboard so far but it seems to move VERY slowly.
http://loopingmusic.proboards.com/index.cgi

Where do you go when you have a technical question (for the functionally
retarded like myself) or need advice about looping?

I guess I just feel kind of bad bombarding all your inboxes because I
have a LOT of questions. Could someone please explain the etiquette of
what is acceptable and/or uncool here?

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest on harmony central
beyond the occasional glutinous gear purchases for the sake of bragging
rights rather than expression.
(sarcasm!, it's a fun forum but "geared" towards something else
entirely, if you know what I mean).

Am I missing the hot spot or are we just a really small community?

Thank you in advance for shepherding the noob around the internet.
Ace