Repeater (was: A multi channel looper)

Florian Anwander schrieb:
> The repeater is out of production, and its audioqualities are only
> middleclass,
There were some issues with the Repeater's audio, some being design
flaws (mainly relating to the front-side instrument input), some were
production parameter spread issues (meaning it only affected specific
units). As someone who had a "blessed" unit and who never used the
front-side input I was quite happy with it (when I was still using it),
and there were some professional mods to solve the problems.
> but its userinterface handling and its capabilities regarding syncing
> to MIDI as slave and master are unbeaten.
The user interface may be a matter of taste, the MIDI sync capabilities
are not:
The Repeater (as of the pre-2 OS version) as a MIDI master had a clock
that was highly jitter-ridden. This would result in synced delays
clicking, drum machines using sync etc. I did never come to use the
Repeater as a MIDI master (although it worked with relative stability as
a slave).
All of those MIDI clock issues have been addressed in the OS2.0 software
update - but I didn't find time to toy with that.
> Zoe Keating from San Francisco here on the list is selling two at the
> moment.
That says it all, doesn't it?

--
http://moinlabs.de