Re: TC Fireworx question

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:38 AM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
wrote:
> Does anyone on this list own a TC Fireworx?  I've heard its possible to
>use
> a modifier controlling the audio input to create a ducking effect for
> various effects but I haven't taken the time to figure it out and the
>manual
> is no help, I believe it has to do with using the envelope detection
> modifier assigned to effects mix, but if any one knows how and can save
>me
> some time I would be most appreciative. What I'm trying to do is ducking
> delay, and i think I have to assign an envelope detection modifier to the
> delay mix. Anyone know?

Hi Bill,

I used a FireworX for a couple of years (you may recall it from Santa
Cruz loopfest 2006) and I can tell you that the
envelope-follower-on-the-input-signal was my favorit trick for my
patches!

Your assumption about it is correct. For example I used it in one
patch to control delay feedback negatively by the input level. That
means I kept the delay at full feedback ("infinite repeat") as long as
I did not make any sound in the mic. As soon as I made a sound the
input signal would activate the envelope follow module that would
lower the delay's feedback, resulting in "a pocket" created in the
infinite loop where my sound was placed. It's like an organic "instant
sus substitute stuff fix", to talk EDP-ish.

I think the FireworX is well designed and a lot of the processing
techniques I use today in software signal and control data routing I
actually learned by programming fun patches on the FireworX.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com