Re: TC Fireworx question-envelope control

Per Boysen wrote:

> I used it in one
> patch to control delay feedback negatively by the input level. That
> means I kept the delay at full feedback ("infinite repeat") as long as
> I did not make any sound in the mic. As soon as I made a sound the
> input signal would activate the envelope follow module that would
> lower the delay's feedback, resulting in "a pocket" created in the
> infinite loop where my sound was placed. It's like an organic "instant
> sus substitute stuff fix", to talk EDP-ish.

that's Flip Mode in EDP=ish ;-)
...but that's a rather obscure piece of dialect...no-body used it.

...but really I think that idea first got well known with the
Lexicon Vortex, which has something very close to your
patch in one of it's presets (Deja Vu B, I think).
The Vortex also kept the loop input turned down when there
wasn't much of a signal present...so there wasn't a build
up of noise in the loop.

andy