Re: Everyday Looper - A Looper for the iPhone/iPod Touch

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Raphaël - Mancing Dolecules
<raphael@mancingdolecules.com> wrote:

> Have no fear about that, I know exactly what to expect when posting here
>^^.
> And that's what I'm looking for too : experienced looper users (and even
> makers) feedback/questions.

As a looper maker, I really like the simplicity and directness of your
app's interface.  The one thing that is holding it back for me, and is
probably on your TODO list, is the ability for the loops to be
different lengths than the master loop.  Just letting the other loops
be multiples of the master length would really be a huge gain for
relatively small effort.  Believe me, I know it's a bit more work than
it sounds.... I've been there.

> Everyday Looper has noticeable lag too between the moment when you pull
>off
> a finger off the screen and when the action is effectively executed. It's
> due to various things, one being that both the "touch manager" and the
> "graphic manager" has to act in the main thread (receiving messages for
> "touch manager", sending openGL command for "graphic manager"). So no
>way to
> prioritize touches over gaphics. At least with the iPhone OS I'm
>targeting
> now (2.2). In 3.1 their is a way to thread the "graphic manager".

Do you have a reference to 3.1s possible ability to prioritize touch
events over redraws?

jlc