Re: Looperlative & Novation Remote Zero?

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:06 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> Sjaak Overgaauw wrote:
> that's pretty confusing Sjaak.
> If that's true then it contradicts everything we heard about the LP1

I just tested it, and checked the midi CC values in Bidule with a midi
monitor just to be sure. This is how it works here:

The Novation has 3 different types of CC buttons (CC values itself are
configurable)
- normal: Press=127
- momentary: Press=127 Release=0
- toggle: Press=127 (LED ON) Release=0 (LED OFF)

LP1 behaviour with normal buttons:
- nothing happens, it does not recognize the midi CC

LP1 behaviour with momentary buttons:
- works fine, but the LED of the Novation button stays OFF (which is
logical for a momentary button)

LP1 behaviour with toggle buttons:
- You press the button once. The LED switches ON on the Novation, LP1
receives CC 127, reverse is enabled => OK
- Now, to disable reverse again, you have to press the button TWICE.
Why? The LP1 waits for CC value 0 first and then for CC value 127
disable it.

If I remember it well, this has been confirmed by Bob. I think it's
not really a big issue for many lp1 users because most of them use the
FCB and that pedal is often used in combination with PC's or Notes.

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/