Re: flying within europe,gear on board etc.

Per Boysen schrieb:
> Another time I asked the staff at the airport about the weight of my
> luggage and they said it was ok. But when going home I suddenly had to
> pay a huuuuge over weight fee! That was because the staff on m
What you suggested above - being polite - can (or could) bring you a
long way here. Some years ago (don't know if they didn't change this by
now), many airlines had a policy that would allow the check-in clerk to
let you check a certain amount of overweight without paying a fee up to
his/her own discretion.

I can also second the experience you describe here - happened to me
twice during my 2008 world tour (incidentially, both times flying from
München it was ok...).
One time, I was able (as there wasn't a queue on the counter), I was
able to talk the clerk into voiding the additional fee...the other time,
it didn't work (but that's those people in Scandinavia ;-P )

             Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs