Re: Sending program changes from Bidule to external midi devices

... time to update statistics on sw vs.hw failures on stage.

thinking of feeding the eh.w.hazarai from the master stereo bus of the sw setup. can record 30 sec. of stereo material, which may be enough to entertain them during some minutes if doing the varispeed thing. :-)

2010/2/22 Sjaak Overgaauw <tcplugin@gmail.com>
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whatever you are creating in software you should save several identical
> copies of your working document under different names. For example xxx,
> xxxbackup1, xxxbackup2. It is common that a document gets corrupted of an
> application crashes when in use.

Good point. I do but the backup appears to corrupt too...if that is the problem.

> Hope you get a stable setup with Bidule! It served me and Mobius excellently
> under Windows XP two years ago but today my recent Macbook is stable
> with Mainstage 2.1 while Bidule crashes and delivers an inferior fidelity.

That's good news....not ;-) Mainstage 2.1 is not stable here at the
moment, it was so-so for a while but not good enough, I'm sure now.
2.0 was stable, did Y2K with that, 1.0 was ok too. We'll see, I'm
building a "safe my ass" rig now if things go wrong, partly hardware,
partly software. Nord Wave as synth, Bidule for some FX and
softsynths, a Lexicon for reverbs and the LP1 as looper. If the Mac
fails, you won't hear "the sound of silence".

Raul Bonell at Blogger: http://raulbonell.blogspot.com
Chain Tape Collective: http://www.ct-collective.com