Confusion with AKG pickup

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with the following: I have an AKG C 411 pickup, and I just got the AKG Phantom power adapter that goes with it (MPA V L). The pickup has a lockable male mini-jack output, and the phantom power adapter has a male 3-pin mini XLR receiver-----i was a bit pissed cause I assumed the two would fit together. So do I need to buy a converter/adapter now? what kind? Where would you recommend i order it from (dont think the shops in South Africa would stock such a specific converter)?

thanks for the help!

Niel van Zyl