Re: OT: Is Keytar cool (again) or not?

Well, what a keytar was originally about was giving up some of the
functionality of a keyboard in exchange for being able to dance on
stage, jump in the air and spin around like band members were expected
to do in the 80s. Right? What else was a keytar good for? If that's
important again, then yes, a keytar may be the way to go.

Non-snarkily, Yes, I think it's still seen as a novelty instrument.

Matt