Re: Anyone messed around with the Boss SL-20 Slicer

Mech wrote:

Wonderful review of the Boss SL-20 SLICER.
You really did it justice (and thanks for your original suggestion to me
that I insensitively failed to name-check
in my own review...........I use it all the time and was very happy you
taught me that trick.

I do feel compelled to qualify one thing you said however, in the
interest of accuracy.....

you wrote:

/"Depends on what kind of effect you're looking to achieve.  Don't
forget -- as effect chains go -- the last effect in the chain always
leaves the greatest imprint on the signal./ / *_If y__ou put the slicer
last, then your whole mix will become a rhythmic pulse reflecting the
current SL-20 settings."_*/

With all due respect,  Duke,  this last sentence is not accurate when
talking about the  Boss Slicer, specifically because it has an onboard ,
two knob
mixing function (one volume control for rhythmic effect-one volume
control for unaffected signal)

This function is wonderful and I wish more effects pedals had such a
thing on it:
That's why I love it so much, because I can have any mix of rhythmic
slice effect and original signal and yet put it
last (or almost last, before my distortion/wah configuration) in my
chain.   You sort of get the best of both worlds which is
not true about most effects pedals.

Okay,  thanks for all your wrote.   I've learned many things from you,
my friend.