Re: Enver Izmailov (stick-warr)

It's not an easy instrument to pick up and I would never put my guitar aside. But it does do some cool things you could never do on guitar. Then again I can do lots of things on the guitar that can't be done on the stick or warr, so I certainly agree with you on that. But you can get very expressive.

The warr is more like an actual guitar because you can strum it. But that doesn't work for me because I'm a lefty.

kenn

On Mar 11, 2010, at 3:01 PM, Loopers-Delight-d-request@loopers-delight.com wrote:

From: andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: March 11, 2010 1:22:46 PM EST
Subject: Re: Enver Izmailov (stick-warr gtr)

hi Kenn,
it's more an issue that the stick wouldn't work for me personally.

I have a very unorthodox playing style on string instruments,
and really rely on being able to get a lot of different timbres
and effects from the way I pluck the string.

it's not about just getting tone, but about getting a range
of different tones.

andy
ps,
nice sound by the way, esp the bass