RE: EDP Midi sync question

@AndyB -
Thank you much for the keyword there,
I found that there is indeed a midi patch bay,
but, it's pretty old and rare. The one I stumbled on
is a Ensoniq KMX-16:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ensoniq_KMX-16_Programmable_15_x_16_MIDI_Patchbay_%28closeup%29.jpg

I think this is the type of thing I may be searching for
but, ahh don't I have enough gear weighing me down?

This may be the one thing that broke the camel's back in terms of the
hardware/software debate going on in my head.

@Per -
I like the idea of a bunch of EDP in one room hahah,
that's not going to happen to me any time soon.  But,
the idea of running a laptop, if not for anything else but to control
midi and run Live. Hmmm....Do you think it'd be possible to have a
computer w/ a newer
MIDI interface, like say MOTU for example, running
something like Live as the slave?

MIDI interface on a PC, running Ableton, w/ EDP as
the master?  Just looking for general ideas here,
there's a lot for me to study right now.

@Ace -
Well, besides the fact that I'm gonna get out and
do some livelooping this summer (in public -
and I've love to have you out to do so),
perhaps we should save our duckettes and skip
across the pond!

Thank you all for your response and help,

Loaf.