Re: OT: Recommendations for Microphone and Archtop or Acoustic Guitar

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 12:14 AM, richard sales <richard@glasswing.com>
wrote:
> fell back in love with my very old AKG 414

I have one of those too. Lovely! Maybe not the same model because mine
isen't noisy. It is an AKG C 414 B-TL2. Good for most things thanks to
the variable direction, and especially for guitar.

When I was signed to record label this label owned studios with many
vintage microphones. The employed engineer suggested I should borrow
two old Neuman U67 and holy shit what a good sound!!! For the project
studio (not mine but the label's) I had bought a U87 and thought it
sounded ok, but the U67 totally changed the rules. It's funny that
those two U67s sounded very different. And the sound kind of changed
over time too as the tubes got warmer.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se