Re: OT: Recommendations for Microphone and Archtop or Acoustic Guitar

richard sales wrote:

> I've heard good things about the SA stuff.   They may be made in
> China??? If so, you might have to pick through them for the best sound.

Actually the name is SE,
short for Studio Electronics.

Indeed it's a Chinese company, but if the numerous reviews
and articles are believed they are actually a company
that's dedicated to making an excellent product.

http://www.seelectronics.com/whatsnew.html

the particular model in question here is the SE1a.
Small diaphragm cardioid.
Like many mics, they have a subtle peak at 10kHz which
brings out the high end details a bit without sounding
harsh.
I have a stereo pair (well, you get stereo mounting fixtures
and a flight case in the package). They are well matched.

It may be that the SE1a's sold as separates have the capsules
that didn't match well enough for a pair, but I have
no actual evidence of that.

andy butler