Re: anyone running @ 64 buffer size?

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Todd Matthews <gtmatthews@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I would love to hear which computer/audio interface combos give reliable
> latency at a 128 buffer

Just tried the latest Bidule version and noticed that my white Macbook
2.2GHz with 4 GB RAM and RME fireface400 is way more CPU efficient
when hosting stuff in Mainstage. So I have practically given up my
ambition to modernize my old Bidule setup (that made in 2005, before
Mainstage was released). Audio buffer constantly at 128. I have no
issue with the latency because I come from a live musician background
where typically use loudspeakers a couple of meters away from your
ears. Even as a studio musician I like to not use headphones byt
listen to the amp/speaker acoustically when playing (if using guitar,
with wind instruments you hear it through the air anyway).

The critical Bidule vs Mainstage test here was initiated by the recent
Amlitube 3 upgrade. There was no way I could play two parallel effect
chains from the STick in Bidule without audio artifacts. Same dual
effects setup hosted in Mainstage sound perfectly clear.

If I had a much more powerful computer I would appreciate the better
routing capabilities in Bidule, but that's not an option.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com