Re: unsubscribe

Hi Robert,

Sure, LD takes some getting used to, it been around for years and we like it this way. The conversation goes off on one lots of times, but on the whole theres no flames or aggression here. Its a nice warm fluffy place. We are always ontop of NEW products and dive in to discuss them before they are often released, some of the developers of some tools are on this list, basically the 2 most heavily featured loopers in both flavours Software and Hardware. Mobis being the soft, Looperlative being the hard.

Im sure no one is specifically ignoring your mail as a newbie topic, we dont use that language here, we are all newbies, but due to the volume of posts LD generates, sometimes things get missed.

I can only speak of the loopers that I use, and can say that the EDP could do the part A and B thing you need, but not the dropping in and out of "parts".. Maybe you should a look at Mobius.. its FREE! But I hear Abelton is nearing that post too, with all the EXTRA features that software boasts...

Great taste in music BTW.. I love Boards of Canada (and can boast that when I spoke to one of Sigur Ros, he complimented MY old band as one of their influences)

Welcome, hang around and surprisingly soon you will sport a beard and smoke a pipe and be bouncing newcomers on your knee.

Mark

snippetty snip

I know that I've been surprised since signing up a few days ago that there hasn't been much discussion about and comparison of actual looper models. Guess that's a pretty newb topic.

Also, my question (below) hasn't been answered yet.

-Robert

I need something high-end that lets me not just simply build on top of short loops, but also allows me to drop tracks in and out, and to switch between an A part and B part (verse to chorus, for example). Basically, I want a pedal that will allow me to play entire songs (in the vein of Radiohead/Sigur Ros/Boards of Canada) alone and with a minimum of pre-recording.

--
www.markfrancombe.com
www.ordoabkhao.com