How do I get the most out of my two EDP's?

Hi everyone,

I feel very fortunate to have a found a great deal on a second EDP which I have been eyeballing for a while. So….happy new looper day to me I guess.

I am a multi instrumentalist  and I play more rhythmic (rather than ambient) one-man-band stuff. My  original plan was to run them in the stereo effects loop of a mixer and get a small PA of some kind to solve the annoying bleed problems I get with the bass amp, guitar amp etc. I figured I could also loop vocals this way which could really add to my act.

The EDP arrived today and I’m embarrassed to say I don’t know how to set it up in stereo yet and have never actually done anything midi related before (I am a musical neanderthal). I am currently investigating the manual though and one of the things that came up in my reading is the brother sync feature. I had not read this section before because I had no need to do anything more than use the foot controller that came with my first plex.

I’m starting to think that maybe I’m limiting myself with this effect-loop stereo idea so I thought I would seek some inspiration and advice from the gurus here.

I only have one foot controller at this point, but I’m willing to try buy another one or take the midi foot-controller plunge if there is a good reason to do so.

What are the advantages of brother sync over a midi synced stereo setup ?

Could someone please shed some light on what things are possible with two echoplexes that were not possible with one?

Also, does anyone have recommendations on a reasonably priced and portable small PA that can handle my whole “band” (electric bass, upright bass, hand percussion, turntable, electric guitar, acoustic guitar and sometimes sax) at about twin reverb volume? (small bars and coffee shops). I like the Bose L1 but it seems pretty pricey for what it is and sort of defeats the idea of going stereo.

I already have a mixer I like (mackie 1202-vlz pro) if that influences your recommendation.

Thank you in advance,

Ace