Re: LD CD IV - pricing

Am 18.03.10 23:58, schrieb david kirkdorffer:
> If I can get pricing down to $100 / participant for 80 4-panel colour
> jewel-cased shrink-wrapped CD's each, ($1.25/CD) I will do so.  I'm
> using $200 as a guide, to catch everything, and to avoid unpleasant
> surprizes.  As you can see, it could very well be less.  I doubt it
> could be more.  And I will be paying an equal share along with
> everyone else.

I would love to participate, but I am probably in an even worse
situation than Bill, no money whatsoever...
But I could make some proposals:
I could do the mastering. I've done mastering in the past for companies
including T.T.M. Mastering and Nuclear Blast. With the big advantage
that I know the loopers material, and provided with some info of the
participating artists, I certainly can do a good job, time is no issue,
there will be plenty ways to listen back and forth...

I can understand, that "real" Cds are preferable over burned ones. If
you order enough, as Rainer pointed out, more than 800, there is no
question. But I'd say you also need to think of bound money, you have to
invest first, and then you still don't know how much you'll sell...

A Kunaki release is no risk at all, and for each participant only an
investment for the own copies. For example including shipping to Germany
for a lot of 10, this would be 30$. (Its cheaper to order two times 10,
than 1 time 20 copies - interesting...)
In the US its only 18$...

So it depends on how many individual copies each participant would want,
and if they bother if its a simple CD-R or a good print...

If it will be a pressed CD (the only way to turn it into a collectible)
I would still also upload it to Kunaki. For just giving away CD's the
burned ones are fine, those who pay, would get the "real" ones...

If you want me as a participant, and all others agree to cover my part
of the initial investment in return for the mastering, I would love to
add one of my Hithhikers Diary entries to the compilation...

If all vote for Kunaki, I'd still do the mastering for free...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--