Re: how to mangle with the loops on my oberheim edp.

Hi, Thanx for the really good tips. I'm sorry I'm a noob with the EDP. Basically i'm running from Guitar > Pedal FX rig > EDP > Amp. And the original footpedal i plug it into the rear footpedal input no MIDI's involved. Replace? Expert? is it the LOOP 4 software apps? I found the reverse function but can't seem to find 1/2 speed and double speed functions. Thanx.

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM, halim zainal <halimzainal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I just checked my EDP. When i turned it on, it displays LOOP 4. Which
> means i can mangle with loops right? But how do i do it? Thanx

A bunch of hints:
1. Put it into Overdub Mode and toggle between HalfSpeed and
NormalSpeed while feeding it audio input.
2. Use SUS Substitute - either by the Insert Button or as direct call
by MIDI (my choice) - to replace cycles of audio in a loop ("real-time
slicing"). For a granular sounding mangling you need to start your
looping session with an extremely short cycle. Then you my multiply it
up to a bar or two.
3. If doing the above, try it out also in an alternative performance
mode, like Replace (my choice) or Expert or... The point in doing that
is that the knob on the front pane (or a volume pedal connected to the
rear jack) can be used to set up how much of the old loop layer will
be replaced by each Substitute command.
4. Run your loop in Overdub Mode with feedback set to full. Make some
noise into the audio input while juggling the feedback pedal. This
creates "volume scratches" in the backup layers behind your latest
layer. A nice way to create poly rhythm.
5. While in Overdub mode, kick the Reverse pedal while making sound
into the audio input.
6. Experiment with alternative endings of actions. Examples: Ending
Record with Reverse/Speed, ending Multiply with Record, ending
Multiply with Overdub...

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se