digitech pds8000 output volume

hi-

hello nice list people.

so, i have this digitech pds-8000 which is one of my greatest musical
devices. however, the output volume is a bit lacking...regardless of
where the mix knob is set, i feel like it's seriously killing not just
the input volume from the guitar (which is run through a different
pedal: digitech rp-1000 before hitting the pds), but also the output
volume is just...not enough.

this pedal is obviously pretty old, and probably needs some kind of
servicing. does anyone know if there's any kind of output stage mod,
or if there's a repair that i can get done, that will fix this problem?

i mean, does anyone know about this problem, or is it just my
particular unit?

thanks for any advice!

- tyler