Re: Yamaha MFC10 midi foot controllers and the EDP-1

d.nix wrote:

> However, I may have a chance to pick up a fairly new Yamaha MFC10
>controller
> for quite cheap, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it...

Yep, ...it's total junk for looping.

There's a large delay between hitting the switch and the midi
command being sent.
I reckoned about 70mS !

Yamaha Tech support in UK confirmed
1) Wow, it has a latency of about 100mS, that's not good.
2) There's *no* procedure in place for us to report that.

Best thing to do is to take a more positive attitude to programming
the fcb1010,
;-)
it won't actually harm you to spend all evening setting it up for the EDP,
and once it's done you can play and play for months.

if you can afford it, get the Gordius Little Giant controller

andy butler