Re: jazz on tele's etc.

Good point on the flatwounds.  My observation is that you can take any
guitar, and I mean any guitar, that has a neck pickup, put flatwounds on
it,
and plug into any amp that allows you to pump up the lows and roll off the
highs, and you can get at least 50% to that "jazz guitar" tone.  I don't
care if it is a Gibson Flying V....humbucker neck acticatd... into a amp
with bass on 5, mid on 4, and treble on 2....I can play a jazz gig and
sound
halfway decent.  I may look ridiculous, however :)

Hmmmm, maybe I should have a custom hollow body archop Flying V made.  Hah
hah.

Kris