RE: the amazing expanded sonic universe of piezo's

Ill send you a recording this weekend Andy,
I don't buy the "studio quality acoustic" hype either. I just like the sound though it is more like an acoustic. There's a lot of nice bite on distorted tones which I like too.
I set up an A/B comparisson on my system and my mag pickups, (mini humbuckers) sound really boxy by comparison - and I really liked their tone.. I'm not closing any sonic doors though, I'll still be using the mag pickups too - just more tone to play with :-). I actually got them to do hex processing with - this is a big bonus!