Re: Tone control OT

Actually, capacitors of different types can exhibit quite a range of
sonic differences, even if the capacitance is matched.

Walt Jung wrote a definitive study of capacitor differences in audio,
and many guitar and amp folks will assert that ceramic capacitors are
required to get the 'best' sound out of a classic Fender tone control
stack circuit.  I may be of interest in this case that Walt Jung
found ceramic capacitors to have higher distortion than metal film
and much mich higher than polystyrene (favored by audiopiles)...

CZ

http://www.zmix.net

http://www.esession.com/ChuckZwicky

http://albumcredits.com/zmix