RE: EICO 315 Signal Generator-useful?

We had one in college that had a square wave on it as well as a sine. Yes, sweeping the frequencies through a delay sounds very cool.
The frequency on these is, (or should be) very stable so I'm thinking some sort of chorus/flanging sort of effect would prevent it from drilling its way deep into your skull..

peace

> Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 09:59:51 +0100
> From: akbutler@tiscali.co.uk
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> Subject: Re: EICO 315 Signal Generator-useful?
>
> The "classic" use is to put it through echo and sweep the frequency.
>
> I guess it makes sine waves, which would be unusual for drones.
> (could always run it through distortion if unusual isn't desired)
>
> andy
>
> Steve Uccello wrote:
> > Hello all, My uncle, who used to own a TV repair shop in the 70's gave me this 'EICO 315 Signal Generator' today,
> >here's a pic of it: http://twitpic.com/1dbiao I need to get the appropriate cable to plug it in
> > and find out how it sounds, but I immediately thought about LD and figured you guys might get a
> >kick out of it and may be even let me know if these are considered useful or not, my usual tone
> >generator (upright bass) is always great for kicking out the drones but I'm curious to mess
> >around with this thing. If anyone knows about 'em it would be cool to get some tips-Thanks all-be well! Steve Uccello
> >

> > www.uccelloprojects.blogspot.com
> > www.steveuccello.com
> > www.myspace.com/steveuccello

Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail - Free. Sign-up now.