Re: Basic RC-50 Question

Hi Jeff

> Can the RC-50 stop/start canned blips, bleeps, and other assorted loops
> that I can trigger via MIDI from my controller?
As far as I remember the MIDI-implementation right: Yes, you can do
this. Check it at

But be aware, that creating preprocessed loops for the RC-50 (means:
make the sample somewhere else and transfer it to the RC-50) is a pain
in in the a**. You have to create the sample with the exact byte length
required for the wanted tempo, and you have to predefine the tempo when
creating the patch. It is not possible to insert a loop of your own
length and adopt it to an existing tempo. It is also not possible to
change the tempo afterwards without a major loss in sound quality.

I owned the RC50 for three month: to my experience the RC-50 is fine if
you use it as a standalone unit, but it is close to unusable, if you
want to integrate it in external  sample / tempo environment (at least
unusable in comparison with other loopers).

Florian