EDP footpedal - difference between Obie and Gibson?

I still have trouble sometimes with my miniaturized Obie EDP
footpedal controlling a recent blackface Gibson EDP. The original
black EDP footpedal works better but I am so used to the smaller
footprint of the older one I try to hold on to it.

So: is there technically a difference between the two? I know there
is not much in these at all and of course I replace the little red
buttons on a regular basis. The only difference I could spot was that
the Gibson uses a plastic output jack (isolated from the metal box)
while the Obie had a metal jack and therefore a ground contact to the
box. Could this make a difference in performance?

I already replaced the jack in the Obie, but since the voodoo crops
up irregularily I thought I'll ask anyway - hope you don't mind....

Best, Andreas