Re: OT: New MBP... or not? (Firewire still necessary?)

Core 2 duo is still a pretty bitchin' CPU...just sayin'! I'm a big fan of RME, and apparently they have the equivalent of the Fireface 400 as a USB device. called the Fireface UC. Their stuff is rock solid on both Mac and PC platforms, I can't recommend it highly enough.

So anyway, yeah, you can do without Firewire. :)