Re: OT: New MBP... or not? (Firewire still necessary?)

Thanks for the responses

> I've had reports from colleges that the i7 brings incredible bang for
> the buck right now.
Yeah, a nice 13" Sony Vaio VPC-Z11V5E with i7 620M 2.66 GHz (4MB L3,
1066MHz FSB), Full 1920x1080, 4GB RAM, 500GB(7200U/Min)... I'm really
tempted.
But this would mean I'd have to leave the Mainstage/Logic road and invest
first in PC Software.

> I guess the 13" Macbook Pro will be quite efficient too, given the
> fast front side bus. I've noticed in the past, when comparing
> computers for audio, that this is as important as is the CPU speed.
Per, You really suggest I should invest >1000,-EUR in a Core2Duo MBP?
I think I'd rather wait for new CPU - don't think old platform can handle
that much RAM.

So, if you think for Mainstage + Moebius live looping setup, USB will be
fine, I guess I'll get a MacBook, then.

Buzap