Re: Roland Guitar Synth repair

Wayne Joness at gr300.com is an expert, but I'm not sure how available he is for repairs. But hit him up...

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:26 AM, richard sales <richard@glasswing.com> wrote:
Any of you know of any good Roland Guitar Synth repair folks - hopefully in North America?  My beloved and ancient GR300 no longer recognizes the resonance information from the guitar - which is what transforms it from a normal synth sound into a maniacal banshee.  Have two Roland guitar controllers - 303 & 808 and no resonance from either, so I assume it's in the GR300.  Tested the cable and it seems to be carrying signal from all pins!

I suspect it's that klugey transparent ribbon cable inside the GR300.  They used them in the TR808 too, I believe.

I know this is NOT looper specific, but it IS the guitar I used on my early 80s looping recordings etc and was looking to get back into that - hopefully for Rick's big loopfest in October!

thanks

Richard

--
-George