Re: DOSH: live looper

Yeah!
I really like this guy.  I heard him with Andrew Bird in Montreal last year and they played one of his compositions.  I've been a fan ever since.
Sylvain

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
Nat Grant hipped me to this guy and I've been really digging his take on
live looping (thanks  Nat!)

What a talent:

*DOSH  *
*_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3CGWOw9LHI&feature=related_*

I love how he loops random drumming and then turns it into composition.
He's like Steve Reich if he were funky.

He also plays a lot with *Andrew Bird* in a trio with *Mike Lewis* who
is the talented bassist/saxophonist/percussionist who did this
"Live at Home"   record called   'Wolves and Wishes'.

Here he plays with Andrew and Mike Lewis on the David Letterman show.

Check out the hip faux theremin whistling which Andrew doubles on
glockenspiel.   Very creative and clever.

_*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwxKoU-f_tI&feature=related*_

and here, live at Bonaroo.   Check out how Dosh uses a digital delay to
fuck up a drum machine................really cool!

*_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjBe21xEgk_*