Re: OT: New MBP... or not? (Firewire still necessary?)

Hi Per

Actually, I made a mistake:
The new MBPs (all of them) seem to support 8GB.

> This makes producing very slow and inefficient. That's the
> only reason I can find for getting a i7 iMac. The i7 MBP only come
> with that huge screen and I don't like laptops with huge screens
> (prefer 13" and huge external screens at local work spaces to plug in
> to).

Same with me :)
Also keep in mind that the computer you buy _today_ should be able to run
software of _tommorrow_ with reasonable performance - and you can be sure
you'll need it for the newest plugins, tools etc.

i.e. notebook.de is selling exactly something like this for 1750,- EUR and
13" :
Sony Vaio VPC-Z11V5E mit Intel Core i7 620M 2.66 GHz (Win 7)
- 33,3cm (13.1") Vaio Display Premium Full HD mit LED Beleuchtung, max
Aufl. 1920x1080
- Intel Core i7 620M 2.66 GHz (4MB L3, 1066MHz FSB)
- 4096 MB DDR3-RAM 1066Mhz
- 500 GB Serial ATA (7200 U/Min)

Why should I pay 1450,-EUR for a C2D MacBookPro if I can have this baby?
The only thing stopping me at the moment is Logic/Mainstage...

best regards
Buzap