Re: What Electronica is Inspiring your Looping

I'd like to second the Kruder&Dorfmeister suggestion (in addition to The
K&D Sessions, their DJ Kicks compilation is also really fine). The first
half of this track http://bit.ly/dxDbPn is very much inspired by their
work.

A trouvaille for me was Yagya: "Rhythm of Snow",
which is some very subtle, dark stuff, darker and more (if only
minimalistically) beat-oriented, but otherwise somewhat similar to Brian
Eno: "Apollo",
and when we're with Eno, also "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts" (Eno/Byrne).

Apart from that: what is Electronica in this context? Does "GTR OBLQ" by
Torn/Reid/Sharp fit into this (it's basically three guitarists with lots
of processing and drum machines).
And from Sharp, there's "Cyberpunk and the Virtual Stance", which sounds
like the title suggests (which, contrary to the Torn/Reid/Sharp disc,
doesn't have a real beat, but then that may be a good thing).
There's at least some electronic stuff on "Time Stories" by David Moss
(a collection of duets by Moss and e.g. Goebbels, Marclay, Schulte,
Kuhn). This has appeared on the INTAKT label (www.intaktrec.ch), which
have a lot of music which is not exactly normal - another recommendation
('though not Electronica by any definition) is Christian Marclay and
Elliot Sharp on "High Noon".

D'oh, now my favourite album on this recommendation list isn't even
Electronica...

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs