Re: Tempo and Rec-Mult features (was: EDP MIDI Undo quirk)

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Matthias Grob <matilists@gmail.com> wrote:
> what you are saying is interesting for the next hardware, Per:
> the EDP would not slave to a new tempo while the non rhythmic
>introduction is happening,
>
> I did not implement the Tempo function in the plugin because I thought
>that the host can do this job, correct?

Well, Matthias, I think that's a matter of taste. Myself, I never use
host tempo. I always run the host as the sync slave to the looper.

> in a average host, can you start with any tempo for the intro and then
>tap the tempo you really need and then "Sync-Multiply" to that new tempo?

I guess so. I wouldn't though, since my host follows the tempo set by
the looper. If I want a adjust the tempo I go Multiply-->Record or
Record-->Record.

> you might simply keep one plugin with the intro sound and start a new
>instance in sync with the new tempo
> but its not the same effect. I like to cut a non rhythmic wash to the
>new tempo.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se