Re: laptop looping

for less than a grand you can build your own rackmount pc with more
firepower and piles more usb/FireWire ports than any laptop  will
offer, as well as the option to use a motherboard-mounted soundcard.
respond off-list if interested in details.

btw: I knew ZERO about building computers prior to doing my own. it
was surprisingly straightforward.

- jim