stereo EDP suggestions?

Hi LD,

I just got my new (old) Oberheim in the mail, graciously
sold to me by Warren S!  I really wanted to play
around w/ 2 EDPs and do the stereo thing.

So I often play w/ several people at a time and end up
being the "DJ" of the loop.  So w/ 2 EDPs and an outboard effects I
really need to step up my mixer.
Looks like the best one for me is something like a
Mackie 1604 w/ 4 aux sends.

The problem is I keep envisioning myself having to
tweak 2 aux every time I want to take someone in
or out of the loop.  It's not one of those situations
where I "set and forget".

Has anyone had this type of experience before? Got any suggestions or
tricks I my try to simplify this situation?

Big Thanks,
Andy G.