3 x edp sync issue

hi all,

well im back with a vengance after a while away recording, gigging and just generally trying to keep productive.

ive managed to get around nearly all of the many rig quirks i have had in the last few years, ive learnt a lot in to process and now know my fx gear on a componant level which i find refreshing and interesting.

there is just one thing I cant solve.

I have 3 echoplexs all synched via the brother sync jacks

each has a 1/4" stereo jack 2 way splitter inserted with  further stereo cables inserted into each of these in a continous loop so that any edp can "see" the timing from both the others.

however i have a problem...

I his record on edp1 and record something...closing the loop incites sync correctly and all three show the correct loop time.

if i then more to edp3 i can record multiply and jump between multiple pages of loops all very well and intime but often (but not always)

edp2 sat in the middle there will begin ot act weird... the actual screen will got off apart from the loop number  and will begin to flash in time to the first pulse but loose all rational sync.

if i record into edp 2 it will do so unsynced ending as soon as i tap record the second time, not waiting to finish rounding etc despite the fact that all 3 edps are set the same to round etc (not quantizetho as this seems to give me other headaches.

anyone had this ? how did you get round it?

ta

Phill

Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail - Free. Sign-up now.