RE: computer ozone mainstage rant before bedtime

Hi

I know your comment was related to a MAC but the same principals should apply.

I have had issues, with a PC based set up on an M-Audio Black Box, (When it works it is superb) when it does not its is soooo! frustrating.

What I have noticed is that it is all about the sequence (order) that you switch things on in. eg if I boot the PC and my sequencer package before the Black Box it does not work correctly.

So I have found that it is best to switch on the Black Box (before anything else) then boot the PC, Once the operating system is running, I check in control panel to see if the operating system and the hardware are 'talking' to each other. Then I boot the sequencer package, as it boots it checks the Input/Output interface of the attached device.  At this point if it checks OK then everything will work fine. If not then I go back and start the sequence again until they are 'talking' to each other correctly.

I used to be a computer/electronics engineer but have given it up to focus on my music
and yes I also hate computer when they don't work.

There is nothing worse than when you have that inspirational moment of creativity and you need to get it down and you get tripped up by a bit of kit playing up.

For info I currently use a number of looping devices and fx at various times

Roland RC50
Akai HeadRush II
Adrenalinn II
Boss GT6
Ebow
M Audio Black Box
Ableton Live (demo version)
In the past I used to have a WEM Copycat (a classic) Nothing beats that tape saturation sound.
And have experience of all sorts of hardware and software packages for the MAC and PC (even Atari's and older kit)

I am currently in the middle of recording an Album 'Spider Mind Safari' that will be launched on the Fri 28th May 2010. I am collaborating with many different artists/poets/musicians You can check out my Facebook Blog here.

http://bit.ly/SpiderMindSafari_Launch_Event

One or more tracks will included looping. Please check out the blog and if you think others may be interested please pass it on.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards

Kevin Jenkins BSc MA
SelectaSound