Re: OT: Vortex issue

Thanks Andy and van Sinn-

I am testing tonight with both input and both output connected into mixer. I notice something odd right away during the left output sine wave test. The right output begins passing audio from input and left output you can hear the sine waves but only VERY faintly. The sine is faint but not distorted.

Sine wave test on right output mutes left 100% and shows sine loud and clear.

Sine wave tests without inputs connected are as above less any input signal.

Test 5 shows:
both inputs= R faint,L only distortion at higher input peaks
L input only= sound only at R output
R input only= same as above

Test 5 using test tone from cable tester and other input dummy input:
L input only= tone sounds thinner- maybe distorted- begins to appear at R op earlier and R output has buzz/hum(60 cycle) at high input knob settings
R input only= tone clear at R op, tone is a high B an F tone appears also when input is <10 oclock,also faint sound at L op when input knob is at 100%

What do you guys think?

I also watched some videos on the basics of caps,diodes,resistors,inductors,and such- (MAKE magazine vids on youtube)
Good info and helps at least understand basic concepts and what the components look like.

Regards,

Clifford