digitech DL8 to self -oscillate(DITCH WRESTLER's suggestion-and it's a GOOD ONE!!!!!!)

Ted " ditch wrestler" asked me a question a few days ago (& i hadn't check email for a few days...), he asked me:

Hey, Scott.  As resident Digitech digital delay advocate on LD, I got a question for you (assuming you still have one of those units)...

By plugging one of the stereo outs back into the input and running the other output to yer amp and by monkeying around with the dials, can you get it to self-oscillate in a semi-interesting fashion?
ted harms.

SO WOW, I HAVE A NEW TITLE: "RESIDENT DIGITECH DIGITAL DELAY ADVOCATE ON LD" (i now anxiously await getting some big fat checks from digitech for all my  positive press-haha--and maybe they'll send me tons and tons of gear........yea.........ok, maybe not....)...anyway my answer to ted, that i'll share:

ted-
um....YES, it will go crazy and oscillate like a mad dog.
1st i had the in/out mono going through my pedal board, and had the stereo out going to the stereo in. didn't do much, but once i crossed them gtr going to mono in, stereo out to rest of board, mono out going to stereo in.....WHOAAAAAAA!!!
it worked the best on the TAPE mode and in the ANALOG mode.
worked ok in DIGITAL mode, problem is that in digital, if you keep feedback at 3 o'clock you can add stuff to it, then if you bump feedback to 100% (about 5-6 o'clock) it will lock and you can play over it.
but wow, in TAPE and ANALOG mode it works like crazy. i was messing w/ the time, i mean you only have to play like 2-3 notes and just warp them fast/slow and it goes crazy....the only downside is the TAPE & ANALOG modes are short 1-2 sec at most...but oh, did they work....
crap, now i can see having 2 DL8s now, one wired all crazy, then one normal. i have no room on my board...(i'll have to mess w/ this more and then trying to dump the oscillating noise to my EH 16DDL...)

i need to do some quick vid things of this w/ my son's vid camera. i think i sat there for like 10 min listening and mangling stuff, hardly played....(YES STAN STILL PLAYING MY NEW POINTY GUITAR....ha! and i didn't poke an eye out!!!)
most cool for sure. thanks for pointing that out to me......
the digitech advocate (where's my big paycheck?) out...
scott