Re: Digitech Jamman Delay Looper

Would you be using the midi to sync to a drum machine? I am looking to pick one of these up and just trying to figure out what the cost /benefit ratio is. For my style of playing,which is very improvisitorial, I am looking forward to trying this. I'm sure I could dream up a scenario or two where midi could be used. But I mostly want to record myself and others I'm playing with and introduce those sounds back in on them selves. Sort of real time remix. That and precompose some textures which would outline a compositional arc. Scarificing hard time control wouldn't hurt too much for me because I want to keep that control in my hands.
    Or is there possibly more real time functionality that could be had via midi?  Just curious about this whole aspect of performing which I am really just starting to get serious about using. This forum is probably the most intelligent music discussion I have found, especially for electronic inspired music.Thank you all.

--- On Thu, 6/3/10, Teddy Kumpel <teddykumpel@mac.com> wrote:

From: Teddy Kumpel <teddykumpel@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Digitech Jamman Delay Looper
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Date: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 5:53 AM

I agree.... was really hoping to replace my RC-50 with that thing....

boo Digitech

Teddy
--
PS.
--

On Jun 2, 2010, at 9:35 PM, G wrote:

Just found out about the latest Digitech JamMan delay looper/phrase
pedal released this year, one of three:
http://www.digitech.com/specialtypedals.php
Fantastic: stereo input/output, true stereo delay, stomp pedal, takes up
to 2GB memory cards offering hours of stereo looping per card, up to 99
loops/phrases per card, a number of useful features, and affordable for
what it is.  Brilliant.
Hang on ... no MIDI?  No midi control, no midi sync, why?

The frustration continues,
-- G.