Re: looping with a netbook

Lovely music video. I love the idea of having a sort of organically
developing sound regenerating itself via feedback. It really reminds me
sound wise of some of the things I was finding by sending a digital delay
with a fair amount of feedback into a Vortex. The feed back wanted to keep
going off to god-knows-where and the Vortex kept it in check via some
inherent tendency to compress the input signal. But it would happily
bubble along for a very long time and I had various ways of causing little
variations and such. Hours of fun.
    But I wanted to touch on your idea of using midi clips to control plug
in parameters. Would these be precomposed midi clips? Sort of a recording
of various knob twisting and tweaks? This gets to something I have been
wanting to try but just haven't gotten around to it. Which is to compose a
noteless sequence of effects tweaks creating a constantly shifting
environment through which to play my guitar. Or an entire
ensemble.Sequencing effects and adding note values later. I think this
could be an interesting compositional tool for improvised music. But is
this something you may have done with your use of the midi clips?