Re: looping with a netbook

Per,

I installed a 500 GB 7200 rpm HD in my "work-issued" MBP 15". It had a
320 GB 5400HD originally. I don't usually use it for
looping/performing, but it DEFINITELY improved the studio usage
(again, using bidule, KORE Player, and some other soft synths), as
well as generally enhancing the overall performance and response.
Going to a faster drive AND maxxing out the RAM is always an
improvement as you are increasing all the means of data access for the
machine (well, at least the ones we can actually change...not much you
can do about basic bus speeds!). And drives are getting more
affordable in price all the time (with significant increases in
capacity!).

Best,

Dennis

--