Fwd: Mick Karn

Begin forwarded message:

Dear friends, I found out a few days ago that Mick Karn the great progressive bass player and member of the influential 80's band Japan, is in the battle for his life, with cancer that has metastasized to his lungs, brain, and stomach. A fund has been set up on his web site and I'll post the details below. My own six degrees of separation with Mick  comes by way of the lovely Michael Bearpark  who recommended me to Mick's agent to do a tour with him in 2006 and also the next year. Unfortunately both tours never materialized, as this was just about the time, post Katrina when the words "Tour" and Support" no longer where found in the same sentence, and the global economy was starting to move south. I'm sorry i never got the chance to play with him, and I'm hoping and praying for a miracle to restore him to good health. Even if you cannot contribute financially I think it would be cool to post a greeting on his web site.
 Thanks
 Bill

With great sadness we regret to inform you that Mick has recently been
diagnosed with advanced stages of cancer. Mick is currently in a positive
mood and undergoing further tests and treatment. His family and friends are
close with him, supporting him in practical ways, and surrounding him with
their love, friendship and care.

Mick has been struggling financially for some considerable time now and we
are hoping that this appeal may help to raise funds for any necessary
treatment and perhaps go some way towards providing a small degree of
financial support whilst Mick's immediate family provide the care and
comfort we would all wish for him. We are hoping that his friends, fans and
musical colleagues will, over the coming months, offer any support they feel
capable of giving. Quite aside from the sheer brunt of daunting
medically-related costs, Mick's clear and major concern is for the security
and well being of his wife and young son.