Re: semi OT - Guitar Synths

I suspect it is what you make of it.  Like anything else you do pretty much get what you pay for but for the little cash on it it appears it will do some nice things.

My needs with midi are not huge and not going to be I don't anticipate a major voice.  In the mid 80's when they first hit I got the Charvel Jackson unit the GTM6 along with a hex custom to an Asian copy strat and for a tone mod a TX81Z.  Though it was certainly amazing considering the time tracking as you know was not great plus I was a heavier acoustic guy just dabbling in it.  Though my turfs are a lot wider these days I've had a resurgence interest in FM synth, Midi and possibly a couple of older tone modules so I suggested the G2m as a fathers day gift from my wife.  Should I get I'll report back.  I play these days guitar/fretless guitar, oud, some violin and few other odds/ends so when I saw it and saw that it was the 1/4 electrical input to MIDI I thought this might be neat so we'll see.

Jim
www.jimgoodinmusic.com
woodandwiremusic.wordpress.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com