Re: semi OT - Guitar Synths

tEd ® kiLLiAn wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> With all this talk about guitar synths I though I'd pipe in with a
>related question
>
> It's definitely the socket on the GK box.
>
> Any advice?

;-) I always used a regular cable for the main p/us in addition to the 13
pin.

I'd suggest cleaning the socket. There's often a build up
of dirt or oxidation that gives trouble with sockets
after some years.

Failing that (and I'm aware it's not the easiest thing to clean,
I'd try a matchstick)
I wonder if it's going to be difficult to actually get a direct
replacement socket.
An alternative would be to wire in the cable directly.

I just opened mine up for the first time,
it's an easy job for an experienced solderer to
replace the component, or remove it and wire in the cable direct.

andy