Re: Digitech Jamman Delay Looper

Hi Tom
Sorry for the long delayed response.
I've read several discussions on the RC-50, and understand it can be
cajouled into behaving, sort of.  But it's a hassle. It's big, it can't
use memory cards and limited to a bit over 20 min. Something the size of
the new jamman delay/looper is fine, and I already have a midi-foot
controller which I'd rather use.

I've had lots of fun with unsynced pedals, and can relate to what you're
saying.  But it would be great to also have the ability to have
everything locked in time as well.

At this stage all my looping is at home, I'm limited to the SMMH's 30sec
stereo loop. Two years on I'm still waiting to find a decent looper that
does what I want properly can safely live on my pedal board.

I'd love the opportunity to find like minded musicians, form a band
and/or collabourate, while taking advantage of one midi sync to drive
our effects.
But before that I've yet to finish my pedal board, on that front
everything is on hold until I can find the kind of looper I want.  That
means I'm not looping anywhere near the way I want.

Bearing in mind I intend to keep most of what I loop, I still don't want
to be forced to use a computer to manage a library of loops onstage.
Although having that ability is also important.

The tap tempo feature of the Adrenalinn is only used to set the tempo of
the device, nothing more.  The A3's drum machine is basic but effective,
and a lot of fun to play along with the mod effect syncronised to it.
You can program rhythms into the drum sequence and then play them, the
only two ways you can tweak it as you go is either use the array of
buttons or use PC software.

However it can be used as a (limited) live midi drum set by using a midi
controller capable of sending notes over a specific register.  All drum
and modulation sequences are limited to two measures.  It even handle
3/4 time signature.

The main reason I got the Adrenalinn was the modulation/sequencer
features. Most of the modulated effects are great.  The amps are pretty
good for an emulator.  Delay sums any stereo effects and it's only
stereo effect is how much dry to left channel and wet to right channel.
Reverb is such that I always have it off.
To begin with I had a lot of problems with static causing it to go
silent, it is extra sensitive and a known gripe - however replacing all
the crappy switchmode power supplies with linear supplies reduced the
problem greatly.  If the effects weren't as good as they are, I would've
flicked it off long ago.

I don't have anything recorded that I'm willing to share publically.
I firmly believe it's a bad idea to practice in public - at least for me
it is.  ;)

I honestly hope you get a lot of enjoyment with your new Jamman.  :)
Cheers
-- G.