Re: Guitar Compression was :Re: ...reflections...

Hey Per,

Thanks for this detailed breakdown.
Really useful.

I also like to use a lot of dynamic range in my playing, especially when
it comes to soloing.

I'm fairly familiar with how to use a compressor, as I use them in the
studio and add some to my bass (Boss Multi effects pedal) when doing live
gigs in a more traditional role.

But now that I'm using more effects and trying to get most of my sounds
from one instrument, I was really wondering about having one on my master
output.

Been spending a lot of time just tweeking my tones,EQ and volume settings
in the m9 but I wondering if some compression on the master output would
help any.

I like your concept of playing the compressor, kind of like Jimmi playing
the distortion.

Just realised I can use some compression from my Ultralite to see what it
sounds like, live.

Thanks again,

Andre

http://barbadosguitar.com/wordpress