Re: Bowing Stick - practice session clip shared

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Ricky Graham <rickygrahammusic@gmail.com>
wrote:
> It makes me wonder if some sort of sustain pick-up could be devised for
>the
> chapman stick, if not already?

Not that I'm aware of. I tried my e-bow with the Stick but it almost
doesn't work at all. Maybe that en e-bow doesn't work with the PASV-4
Stick pick-up? (addressing Johannes here as well).

But I must say I fail to see much point in using a sustaining pickup
with a Stick? Since the neck and strings are so long it already has an
almost too long sustain. Almost like a grand piano.

Maybe related: There are a special Roland GK MIDI pickup thingy that
has been adapted for the Stick's fretboard width.

Per